Friday, March 27, 2009

Stop! Thief!!

So yesterday on the way home from work I stopped at the CVS across from my apartment. I grabbed a plastic hand basket and got what I needed. I checked out and headed home. While walking up the sidewalk toward my place, I got behind a woman and her daughter walking kind of slowly. The woman glanced back at me. Then she did it again. I thought maybe she felt like I was too close, so I backed off. Then she looked AGAIN. I thought "Gee, what's your problem, lady?"

Then she looked back once more, and at my questioning glance, nodded at my arm and said "You've still got their basket." I looked down to discover that, in addition to the purse hanging in the crook of my arm, I also had a bright red CVS basket. That's right, I shoplifted a CVS shopping basket. I assume I would have noticed eventually.

And yes, I took it back.

1 comment: